7 weeks from conception
V.I.P. - voluntary interruption of pregnancy. This is a new softer, gentler way of saying abortion.
16 weeks from conception
Viability is the ability a baby has to survive outside the womb.
- 1981 - 23 weeks was viable
- 2001 - 21 weeks - baby currently in Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia.
Abortion ends a pregnancy by destroying and removing the developing child.
85% of all abortions are done between 8-12 weeks.
60% of minorities pregnancies end in abortion
28% of all pregnancies end in abortion.
In 1985, 1986 & 1987 the highest number of abortions were performed in the United States since Roe vs. Wade legalized abortion in 1973.
1.8 million abortions done those years. One out of every three babies conceived during these years died in an abortion.
The most recent statistics are for 1999 - 1.2 million abortions were performed. It amounts to 3,500 abortions per day.
45 million abortions have been performed since 1973 when Roe vs. Wade legalized abortion in the U.S. The total population of the states from South Carolina to Maine = 45 million people.
20 weeks from conception
Simply put - a non-pregnant womans uterus is small and tight (like a fist). The cervix is very soft. A pregnant womans uterus is larger and soft and the cervix is tightly closed. Abortionists use pliers to open the cervix and dilators to stretch it. Many complications occur from the use of the knife, suction vacuum and scraper. There are a tremendous number of veins and arteries in this area and often tears and perforations occur, resulting in hemorrhaging.
It is important to note that it is an additional charge to have anesthesia during an abortion.
Why abortion services differ from medical services
- can advertise - actually spend hundreds of thousands advertising (full page ads) in the Yellow Pages.
- not government regulated, exists in a zone of privacy - ironically veterinarians must follow more government regulations than abortion providers
- abortionists routinely receive payment in advance
- clinics pay finders fees or cash rewards for new customers
Clinics try to cut costs, increase productivity and maximize profits. They regularly hire low-cost, unskilled staff members to fulfill medical tasks usually performed by doctors and nurses.
This increases the health risks faced by aborting women.
To be on the safe side abortionists perform abortions 12% of the time on non-pregnant women.
Abortion counselors feel obliged to protect women from any information which might be disturbing or discouraging.
Counselors or facilitators are instructed...
- not to tell the patient that the abortion will hurt
- not to discuss the abortion procedure or the instruments to be used in any detail
- not to answer many questions
- never to use word BABY